Hot Stone Massage Therapy Workshop
The Basic Hot Stone Massage workshop consists of 18 hours of instruction that includes lectures, questions and answers as well as demos and student trades. CEU’s are provided in the State of Florida, as well as National. Ernesto Ortiz is approved by the National Certification Board for Therapeutic Massage and Bodywork (NCBTMB) as a continuing education provider under Category A.
History of Hot Stone Massage Here.
What You Will Learn
- The use of hot and cold stones blended with Swedish strokes.
- How to use basalt stones in conjunction with Swedish massage.
- The proper stone placement and why this is important.
- The art of hot stone massage and how to use the stones with massage and what affect Hot Stone Massage Therapy has on the ‘Body-Mind-Soul’ philosophy.
- How to heat and cool the stones, and how to control the temperature of the stones for use with your clients.
- Why Thermo Therapy is the answer to aiding clients in physical healing.
- The benefits to you the therapist, by eliminating undue stress on thumbs, and wrists by allowing the stones to do the work.
A Hot Stone Massage session has been described in many ways… Delicious, decadent, sensual, totally relaxing, and deeply therapeutic, a moving experience, comforting, and above all healing.
The Hot Stone Massage experience has the ability to affect in a positive way our four lower bodies. The mental, emotional, physical and spiritual. As you learn to prepare the stones you will see how we are using the basic elements of life, fire, water, air and earth to do so.
Therefore making it a total healing experience.
Hot Stone Massage Workshop Experience
There are two types of learning experiences, intellectual and experiential. The intellectual knowledge we get from books, the manual for this class and the lectures. The experiential knowledge will take place as we begin working with the stones during the workshop, as we do the trades and as you start learning how to use and handle the stones. We tune into their frequencies by getting to know their placement in the roaster, by using them on our selves, and by experimenting with them.
By acknowledging the energy of the stones and truly seeing the elements that go into the preparation of them we can see it as a ritual of nature, water, fire, air, and earth. Let us then, use our intuition and make a connection with these elements and the stones as we share this adventure with our clients.
It is important to allow your intuition to play and important role in Hot Stone Massage. The more you use it and the more you know the stones the more fun you will have. Take your time be creative and have fun.
It is NOT enough or safe to learn from videos or books, there are elements of danger in doing this work, so you the therapists has the responsibility to be will educated so you and your clients can truly experience the benefits of Hot Stone Massage Therapy.